Here are some additional files available for download.
TIME ZONE LINES
Streets & Trips user, Steve Jones, has created a timezone map overlay. You can download it from his website: http://ontimezone.com
If you want to add timezone lines to an existing map it can be done in 2 ways.
Select and Copy the lines from the EST or STT file
- Open the OnTimeZoneNA.est file
- Open up a second instance of Streets & Trips showing your existing target map file.
- Single-click one of the lines in the source file (you should see it become selected) and copy (press Ctrl+c)
- Give focus now to the target map and simply press Ctrl+v to paste the line on the existing map.
- Repeat the process for each timezone line as there is no way to multiselelect.
- the lines can be customized for color and thickness using the drawing toolbar.
- this copy paste technique can also be used to copy pushpin sets from one map to another.
Import the TimeZone GPX file
- Download the ST-TimeZone-Lines.GPX file
- Import using Data –>Import GPX file menu option
Note: This technique is fast and easy but be warned – it cannot be reversed. Those lines imported using the GPX import cannot be removed, edited or customized.
Custom Pushpin Icons
605 bmp icons suitable for using in all versions of S&T via Import Custom Symbol feature.: download the zip file here.
ST2010 Custom Icon est file: download the est file here.
Or download the old pushpin icons (bmp files) from the previous versions from the Microsoft Download Center.